10 Natural Pre and Post Skincare Tips for Holi
The arrival of March brings a lot of joy, colors in life. It wouldn’t be unfair to say the month March has become a synonym to Holi. Blazing sunlight with a lot of big puffy clouds, Slight breeze and to top it on Mouthwatering Gujiya,
However, along with the joy and
Today most of the colors are syntentic chemical based color that not only hampers your skin and hair but also has hazardous effect on your overall health
This Year Do not let the fear of colours spoil your festival. This Holi brace yourself and enjoy the festival without worrying about your skin with our top 10 pre and post skin care.
Pre skincare tips for Holi
Since your skin will be exposed to sun, Colors ,heat and dust, you need to prepare your skin to brace itself before you step out to play holi. Follow the given steps before you step out of house to play Holi.
Apply Ice Cubes
Take few Ice cubes in a cloth and apply it on your face for 5 to 10 min.
To Understand how rubbing an ice work on Our face, first we need to understand epidermis of our skin.
Have you ever seen the small dots on your face, they are called Pores. Pores are actually opening of hair follicles .Each one contains a sebaceous gland, which produces sebum (skin natural oil) that keeps our skin naturally moisturized.
Any microscopic particle can easily penetrate through pores and hence it is important to close these pores before you play with colors.
Cold Ice cubes clos the pores and do not let the color particles to enter your skin
Massage your skin with natural Oil
Take 1 tablespoon of castor oil, coconut oil, and Olive oil and mix it in a bowl. Apply the oil all over your face and massage it for 5 min. Don’t forget to apply the oil on ears and other exposed area.
If you do not have castor oil, you can use coconut oil as well
This acts as a barrier between your skin and color and will help in removing the color later.You can wipe extra oil from your face using a tissue paper
To avoid getting Sun Tan, apply a generous amount of sunscreen lotion, preferably 30+ SPF on your face and other exposed area.
Make sure that the sunscreen is water proof or water resistant so that it doesn’t get washed away while playing with water
Apply Nail Paint on your Nails
Nails are the most neglected body part when it
If possible cut your nails and keep it short before holi
Apply Petroleum Jelly and Lip balm on your lips
Coat your lips with a little petroleum jelly to keep them smooth and moisturised and also prevent colours from settling in.
Pick an old Sunglasses
What best it would be to be fashionable and at the same time protect your eyes from harmful colors. If you do not have disposable sunglasses, you can always buy a cheaper one. Trust me it will be worth the money
Make sure that you keep sipping water throughout the day. The dehydrated skin will make your skin dry and can get sunburnt easily.
Post Skin Care Tips For Holi
If you have followed pre skin routine diligently then you do not have to worry much.
Follow the given post skin care Tips for Holi and get the glow of your face back.
- First and foremost never use Soap or face wash right after playing Holi. Most of the Soaps are loaded with chemicals and it will make your skin dry.
- First, wash your face with Coldwater. Wash your face until the color stop coming out.
- Soak cotton in coconut oil or almond oil and apply it on your face. Leave it for 5 min. It will remove the roughness and dryness.
- Since your skin has been exposed
to chemicalsso it’s time to treat yourwith these home madenatural packs. You can try these Home madepacks for coupleof days post Holifor bestresult.
- Make a paste of raw milk and besan and apply it on your face. Keep it on your face for 10 min and wash your face.
- Make a face pack with curd and honey. Apply it on your face for 15 min and wash your face with water. Antibacterial properties of Honey will remove the impurities from
- Take a ripe papaya and mash it completely. Add few drops of Olive oil and leave it for 20 min.
Top 10 Tips To Avoid In Your Pre And Post Skin Care For Holi
- Never use any new product before Holi
- Do not use any harsh chemical Soap to clean the colors on Face
- Do not Scrub your skin after playing Holi. However you should scrub couple of days after holi.
- Avoid using makeup as it will cause dryness when mixed with colors.
- Avoid Salon Treatment for couple of days after holi
- Do not forget to carry your sunglasses